The first printing of 10,000 of Guruji’s booklets are now available for distribution.
Kriyavans are encouraged to work with center leaders in their region to help with distribution across North America.
Here we offer some resources to make your participation successful as well as personally fulfilling!
For questions or to contribute financially, please
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Start by going to maps.google.com, and zoom in fully on an area close to you that has businesses of various kinds. Here is an example:
Mark the places that you think are good candidates. Here are some tips:
- If it is a national chain like a Wal-Mart or Home Depot, you are unlikely to get permission to put books there. Best to skip those.
- Smaller, locally-owned stores are extremely receptive, so focus on them. The Sally Beauty Supply on the map above is one such place
- Also focus on places where people have to sit and wait in an area with tables that have magazines and such. The DaVita Dialysis Center and the Discount Tire store on the map above are two such places.
- Goodwill and Salvation Army stores are good candidates. There is one on the map above.
- Assisted living centers and senior activity centers are ideal locations.
Determine how you will display the booklets you deliver. Here are two options that work perfectly:
Print some labels to apply to the displays, perhaps something like this:
If you are a little shy when it comes to this kind of outreach, you might consider starting with a letter instead of directly asking permission to leave the booklets. Here is an example of the letter we’ve used locally:
And finally, here is a possible plan for encouraging others to participate successfully: